Re: Draft of Rep. Berman's bill authorizes anti-P2P hacking

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Thu Jul 25 18:25:07 2002

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> I can't imagine they would actually follow through with this though, all
> it takes is one incident where they cause financial harm to someone with
> an mp3 they misidentify and their highground is gone. Then again, I can't
> imagine congress being so massively stupid either, so I suppose anything
> is possible.

One scenario I can imagine is the MPAA ddos'ing or h4x0ring a university
hospital network because they found warez on some secretary's desktop PC.
As a result, some databases get corrupted and patients die. Would this
bill shield the MPAA from being liable for manslaughter?

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]