Re: AS286 effectively no more..

  • From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
  • Date: Thu Jul 25 03:46:50 2002

Does anyone know what happened to the Ebone/KPNQWEST European-wide DWDM
system? I figure that if it was shut down, we would see more impact.
It's beeing sold off in pices.

Their IP network load I bet was quite easily handled by other operators
considering the huge over-capacity situation we have had the past years.
Uhm, how many pan-European _fiber_ owners is there? Not that many. Most of that over capacity was bought from KQ in Europe...

Keep in mind that this is a game where everyone is dependent on everybody else. There isn't that much actual diverse fiber out there...

- kurtis -