Re: debugging packet loss

  • From: Wes Bachman
  • Date: Tue Jul 23 14:48:48 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 10:53, Ralph Doncaster wrote:

> I'm seeing 2-5% packet loss going through a Cisco 2621 with <10mbps of
> traffic running at ~50% CPU.  (packet loss based on ping results)

If its not the switch or source ethernet segment generally, and it
doesn't appear to be the router itself, I would concentrate on the
ethernet segment between the switch and the router.  (Assuming that your
packet loss is while pinging the router, and not something on the other
end of the router.)

-Wes Bachman  [email protected]

--
Wes Bachman
System & Network Administration, Software Development