Re: PSINet/Cogent Latency

  • From: Gary E. Miller
  • Date: Tue Jul 23 02:44:55 2002

Yo Alexander!

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Alexander Koch wrote:

> imagine some four routers dying or not answering queries,
> you will see the poll script give you timeout after timeout
> after timeout and with some 50 to 100 routers and the
> respective interfaces you see mrtg choke badly, losing data.

Yep.  Anything gets behind and it all gets behind.

That is why we run multiple copies of MRTG.  That way polling for one set
of hosts does not have to wait for another set.  If one set is timing
out the other just keeps on as usual.

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Blvd, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
	[email protected]  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676