RE: PSINet/Cogent Latency

  • From: Phil Rosenthal
  • Date: Tue Jul 23 01:11:44 2002

Call me crazy -- but what's wrong with setting up RRDtool with a
heartbeat time of 30 seconds, and putting in cron:
* * * * * rrdscript.sh ; sleep 30s ; rrdscript.sh

Wouldn't work just as well?

I haven't tried it -- so perhaps this is too taxing (probably you would
only run this on a few interfaces anyway)...

The last time I tested such a thing was on an uplink doing ~200 mgs and
deviation was about +/- 5mbs per second

--Phil