Re: OT: If you thought Y2K was bad, wait until cyber-security hits

  • From: Scott Francis
  • Date: Mon Jul 22 14:18:52 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:00:44AM -0700, [email protected] said:

> (shooting self in foot...)
>
> Just eliminate tech support and proprietary software! "A list of our
> settings is available at www.domain.com/settings. And don't call us with
> tech problems. We don't do tech support."
>
> I know of at least one ISP out there already doing this. Not that they're
> highly successful, but imagine not having to tell someone, "Yes, your
> username and password are case sensitive and must be spelled exactly as
> supplied. And it's .net, not .com" ever again.

http://www.flex.com/

Unfortunately, it looks like they took down the hate mail page, which was
hysterical. *sigh* They target clueful users only, and seem to be getting by
just fine. http://www.flex.com/adsl/ has a bit more of the "intelligent users
only" pitch.
--
-= Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net =-
  GPG key CB33CCA7 has been revoked; I am now 5537F527