Re: Requirement to store email for 90 days.

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Mon Jul 22 13:08:14 2002

At 12:17 PM 7/22/2002, John Fraizer wrote:

"Service providers are also required to keep customer records, including
emails, for 90 days, under the bill."  "The bill has to go to Senate,
where it is expected to receive little opposition, before becoming law."
Are you reacting to the contents of the bill (bill number?) or to the interpretations of a reporter?

Could someone please cite the 90 days requirement in an actual bill? Not saying it's not there, but the bills I could find through Thomas don't seem to have any mention of this. I'm not calling my senators until I have precise citations.

Talk to your senators folks.  See if they're going to pay for the disk
arrays required to store 90 days worth of SPAM for each and every one of
your customers.

I suggest that congress get the spammers under control prior to enacting
legislation that requires us to archive all email for 90 days.

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
EnterZone, Inc            | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |
Daniel Senie                                        [email protected]
Amaranth Networks Inc.                    http://www.amaranth.com