RE: effects of NYC power outage

  • From: Alex Rubenstein
  • Date: Mon Jul 22 11:56:46 2002

Nope.

The main generator for the 5th floor apparently ran for a while, but the
radiator became clogged with garbage floating aroung in the air, and
therefore couldn't cool itself, and overheated. They shut it down to
prevent it from hurting itself.

Fuel was another issue.

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Phil Rosenthal wrote:

> A side-note on why 25 Broadway lost power.
>
> I am told they had the fuel, but the "Local 3" union worker who was
> watching the gauges on the generator misread the dials, and a human
> error caused the generator to run bone dry.
>
> --Phil

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, [email protected], latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --