Re: effects of NYC power outage

  • From: Craig Partridge
  • Date: Mon Jul 22 09:13:18 2002

In message <[email protected]>, senthil ayyasa
my writes:

>     BGP stability was normal on 9/11. As we know only
>the telephone network suffered more whereas internet
>remained stable. Their might have been some problems
>in the access because of the flash crowd problem.

I've now seen a lot of data on 9/11 and BGP (and other metrics) and,
while final results and interpretation will wait for the NRC report, I will
say that the data on reachability and such like varies dramatically,
depending on where measured, granularity of measurements and other issues.

Thanks!

Craig