Re: Power loss in downtown manhattan

  • From: Jesper Skriver
  • Date: Sun Jul 21 05:30:50 2002

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 12:57:03AM +0100, Chrisy Luke wrote:

> Power seems to have been restored as of about 5 minutes ago.

Got the same message from Genuity - but 6 hours later they seem to
have lost power again and some of their router have shutdown due to
overheating (HVAC doesn't seem to run on emergency power)

Our link to them is still up, but we only recieve 351 prefix's,
so effectively their 60 Hudson POP (aka nycmny) is isolated

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)