Re: If you thought Y2K was bad, wait until cyber-security hits

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Sun Jul 21 01:05:32 2002

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 21:40:20 PDT, Scott Francis said:

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 11:37:49PM -0400, [email protected] said:
> [snip]
> > Think of it as recognition that "Your Clue Must Be --->THIS<--- Tall To R=
> ide
> > The Internet".  It's about time...
>
> Great! How long until we can extend this to users?

In the corporate environment, it's at least theoretically feasible to make
network access contingent on passing a computer literacy course (modulo the
usual concerns about the cost of training, etc).

I'll personally nominate for sainthood anybody who figures out how to make
it work for an ISP's terms of service. ;)
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer