Re: If you thought Y2K was bad, wait until cyber-security hits

  • From: Scott Francis
  • Date: Sat Jul 20 20:30:42 2002

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 08:22:00PM -0400, [email protected] said:
[snip more depressing erosion of common sense and liberties under the guise
of 'patriotism']

> The security "Gold Standard" for Microsoft 2000 was written by the
> Critical Infrastructure Protection Board, the Center for Internet
> Security, the National Security Agency, the General Services
> Administration, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, and
> the SANS Institute.

_Microsoft_ managed to get a security 'Gold Standard' for one of its
products? This must be for some non-golden value of gold ...
--
-= Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net =-
  GPG key CB33CCA7 has been revoked; I am now 5537F527