Re: Multi-collector Netflow/etc

  • From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
  • Date: Thu Jul 18 04:41:13 2002

Any other methods that are working for scaling multiple
collectors without exceeding router limitations or burdening
routers unnecessarily?
I know that we at some point had several machines in the network gathering the data as the volumes simply became to much to process at one single point. We then had some homegrown software that did pre-processing on the data and this was then fed to the main processing server. However, in general I think it's pretty hard to make Netflow data scale...ideally you would be able to pick which fields you wanted exported...

If you find some "standard" tool set for this, I think would be interesting though. But I personalyl still think the problem lays with the protocol as such...

- kurtis -