Re: Cisco 4000 series switches

  • From: J.J. Guy
  • Date: Wed Jul 17 22:30:39 2002

I've seen the same behavior with a Catalyst 2948G.   My servers weren't
experiencing any problems, and appeared to be connecting at 100/Full -
despite what the Fluke reports.  If I recall correctly, the 2948s use the
same software base as the 4000s - I've written it off as a software
incompatibility between the 2948/4000 code and the Fluke.

I did a cursory search of Cisco's bug reports, but found nothing related.

My advice is to ignore the auto-negotiate between the 4000 and the Fluke.

J.J.

> From: Joes Jobs <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:56:22 -0700
> To: [email protected]