Re: fractional gigabit ethernet links?

  • From: Sush Bhattarai
  • Date: Tue Jul 16 00:58:22 2002

Might want to query your provider as to where the rate limitting is being
done. In some cases, if rate limit is being done egress from the layer 3
infracture towards the MAN layer 2 equipment, there might be a lack of
processing power on that device, causing the drops. Of course this will
depend on the type of device and whether the rate limiting is being done on
hardware or not too.

Sush