RE: The Cidr Report - web site inaccessible ?

  • From: Peter Murray
  • Date: Sun Jul 14 16:39:14 2002

The employees.org server was attacked, and is being rebuilt.

----
Excerpts from willers.employees.org /etc/motd:

On Friday, June 28, 2002, willers.employees.org was hacked and the root
filesystem was compromised.  The system is still under re-construction.

[snip]

We will try to bring up http services over the next week.
----

Looks like some permissions have yet to be set correctly, as the webserver
is actually up and running.

-Peter Murray (N3IXY)
Pittsburgh, PA