Re: QoS/CoS in the real world?

  • From: JC Dill
  • Date: Sun Jul 14 00:57:56 2002

On 04:46 PM 7/13/02, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

>I conclude either the people doing this are successful and keep their secret
>safe or the world is yet to sell largescale QoS across IP.

There's a world of difference between "sell" and "actually provide". IMHO, QoS is sold by many networks, but not actually provided (at the router). What IS provided is a system to give the QoS paying Customer credit if they A) notice they didn't get the quality of service their contract specified, and B) they request a credit.

jc