Re: Paying for delivery of packets (was about Sprint Peering, and Importance of Content)

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Sat Jul 13 19:23:45 2002

As a telco we see a number of these services, based around premium rate dialup
access.

I have to say that so far none appears to have worked even ones we have done
that were advertised as part of the largest TV shows at the time.

For most applications, eg sports, porn it can only work if the information is

i) unique to this site
ii) worth paying for

.. point (i) seems to be the biggest issue stopping success thus far.

For value add to really work you have to be offering a product/service that
cannot be obtained for free anywhere else on the Internet, as most services on
offer are just one of a number of competitors doing the same thing then most of
the competitors need to go down the value add road if they are to succeed.

Steve