Re: Notes on the Internet for Bell Heads

  • From: Douglas A. Dever
  • Date: Fri Jul 12 10:13:18 2002

Previously, Sean Donelan ([email protected]) wrote:

> I'm afraid this is one of those things I need help translating.  I don't
> understand how an all-optical network improves the security of the IP
> layer.  At best this is "improving" the security of the least vulnerable
> part of the network.  But I could be wrong, and I'm willing to be
> educated.

It sounds an aweful lot like your initial analysis was dead
on.  Unless, of course, we're talking about running glass
to the desktop again - the cost of which is going to be rather
prohibitive for most people.

And we're going to expend that cost for, as you pointed out,
one of the least vulnerable parts of the network.

That's rich.

--
Douglas A. Dever   [email protected]
Senior Project Manager