Re: Windows Media/RealPlayer monitoring?

  • From: John Capo
  • Date: Thu Jul 11 11:59:47 2002

Quoting cw ([email protected]):

> My question is simple.
>
> Is there anyone out there who is using, or has implemented a
> successful monitoring system for Windows Media Server and/or Real
> Server? If so, then how did you go about it?

I captured the data exchange between a client and a Windows Media
Server and wrote a little program to play the exchange back.  The
server is happy with it and streams the file.

Connected
Read 128
Read 80
Read 80
Read 152
Read 56
Read 833
Read 48
64 72 538 831 831 833 831 833 833 831 831 833 833 833 831 ... ... ... ... ...

The input to the monitor program is a hex file built from tcpdump
output.  The file consists of packets to send to the server delimited
with '#'s indicating a response from the server is expected.

Its very low tech but it works.

John Capo