Re: multicast (was Re: Readiness for IPV6)

  • From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
  • Date: Thu Jul 11 04:06:05 2002

--On Tuesday, July 09, 2002 10:16:38 -0700 David Meyer <[email protected]> wrote:

Given the amount of time and resource we've spent on multicast,
the question one might ask is "why hasn't multicast succeeded"?
My guess is that it is because the demand from any of the
potential users of the service just isn't there (not at internet
...and perhaps also because there is "enough" bandwidth currently, and that adding bandwidth is easier/cheaper/more stable/more well known than enabling multicast?

Just a guess.

- kurtis -