RE: HP Openview

  • From: Daniska Tomas
  • Date: Thu Jul 11 03:24:27 2002

the newer openview you have the more alarms it generates... you need to spend a hell lot of time tuning alarm correlation etc.

by the way

did anyone see a nms that's capable of working in duplicate-ip environments like mpls vpns etc? e.g. one that'd use saa agents on cisco boxes (or vrf-aware remote commands) to poll the network...

thanks

--

Tomas Daniska
systems engineer

A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the fuse by blowing first.