HP Openview

  • From: Eric Whitehill
  • Date: Wed Jul 10 16:37:07 2002

NANOG:

I am curious if anyone has been working with HP Openview as an NMS.  I've
been looking at it (Specifically the service call portion) and so far,
have not been impressed - I'm just not seeing the feature set I would
expect.  Am I just being stubborn and not seeing the advantages of this?
>From my understanding the full HP Openview is in beta, but I'm not sure.

I've done some researching on HP's website, and I can't seem to really
find any relevant data.  One of the large sticking points is I am trying
to find a *nix based client, specifically one I can get working on
Solaris, and so far, I'm having a difficut time tracking one down.

Am I wasteing my time with HP Openview?  If you are using it, are you
pleased?  Should I accept fate and life and eat chicken for supper
tonight?

Any advise and suggestions are welcomed.

-Eric