OT: Advice needed on dialup problems - TCP corruption? (windows users)

  • From: Jeffrey Wheat
  • Date: Wed Jul 10 14:45:10 2002

Good day everyone,

	I am seeing a strange problem on my network lately after adding a new terminal server, a Lucent MAX TNT with madd modems in it. The symptoms are that users can connect, they can ping and traceroute without any trouble. Anything that is TCP based however is failing. In some cases, disabling software compression fixes the problem for a short period of time. I am not experienced enough with the MAX TNT units to know how to debug the TCP packets as they come from the user. I am running 10.0.0 TAOS on the unit. Can anyone please offer some advice or suggestions? I am too young to go bald :)

Cheers,
Jeffrey

---