Re: Stop it with putting your e-mail body in my MUA OT

  • From: Andy Dills
  • Date: Wed Jul 10 12:53:11 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, JC Dill wrote:

> What part of "it is rude to expect all members of a large and diverse
> mailing list to accept and parse your particular attachment format" isn't
> perfectly clear?
>
> Netiquette.  It's been around a looooong time.  You might try following it.

I have no problem reading the attachments (pine displays most attachments
nicely), but personally I think the notion of pgp signing every mail you
send is extremely arrogant.

Remind me again about why I should care about whether or not somebody was
spoofing Joe Klein's email address, when this is the content:

-------------
This mail is to notify you that the OC768c that you have ordered has
been installed (sometime soon ... promise ... after the check clears).
Please send the check for 1,000,000,000.00 USD for the first six months
of service to:

CASH
c/o Joseph T. Klein retirement fund.
P.O.Box 551510
Las Vegas, NV. 89155-1510

Thank You.
-------------

So, in sum:

To the people who complain about not being able to read attachments:
Learn how to filter.

To the people who so arrogantly pgp sign every email they send:
Learn how to consider the importance of your words.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access