Re: Stop it with putting your e-mail body in my MUA OT

  • From: JC Dill
  • Date: Wed Jul 10 12:21:32 2002

On 08:53 AM 7/10/02, Leo Bicknell wrote:

>If people are throwing away MIME messages with a single "text/plain"
>section then they are firmly in the wrong. All of the "modern"
>text and GUI mailers display this properly, inline, as a plain old
>text message.

Per the recently posted stats for members of *this* list:

Microsoft 38.71%
Mozilla 11.41%
Eudora 10.86%

I'm using a recent version of the #3 mailer, which I would think qualifies as a "modern" GUI mailer. It presents PGP-MIME messages as an attachment with a format it doesn't know how to read. I'm no more interested in upgrading (or changing) my mailer to deal with *this* attachment type than I am in upgrading to deal with text/html attachments.

What part of "it is rude to expect all members of a large and diverse mailing list to accept and parse your particular attachment format" isn't perfectly clear?

Netiquette. It's been around a looooong time. You might try following it.

jc