Re: Windows Media/RealPlayer monitoring?

  • From: cw
  • Date: Wed Jul 10 10:16:47 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:50:13 -0400, Matt Rowley wrote:
>>Is there anyone out there who is using, or has implemented a
>>successful monitoring system for Windows Media Server and/or Real
>>Server? If so, then how did you go about it?
>
>Have a tool like big brother point to the rtsp and mms ports on the
>server and make sure it can connect?
>Open up the real server admin page in your java-capable browser of
>choice and click on monitor?
>PCanywhere/vnc into the windows box and click on Windows Media
>Performance from the Admin Tools section of the start menu?

Out of those options I think Big Brother probably comes closest and
it was on the checklist to see if it is useable.

I should probably have been more specific. What we are looking for is
an automated checking system that can send a text message if a
problem is found.
It doesn't have to be all in one as I believe we currently have an
email-sms gateway available to us.