Re: [OT] Re: Readiness for IPV6

  • From: Mathew Lodge
  • Date: Tue Jul 09 21:20:17 2002

At 07:27 PM 7/9/2002 -0500, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
Pardon me:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

C:\>command /?
Starts a new instance of the MS-DOS command interpreter.

Looks like it still claims to be the MS-DOS command interpreter to me,
using the 'user friendly' name of 'Command Prompt' doesn't change
what it is.
At the risk of prolonging an exceptionally off-topic thread... if you run the (deprecated) MS-DOS command interpreter in Windows XP (command.exe) rather than the Win 2K / XP CLI (cmd.exe), you should not be surprised when command.exe tells you that it is what it is -- a version of the MS-DOS command interpreter for Win 2000 / XP.

If you run cmd.exe on Win 2K (I don't have XP), you get:

C:\>cmd /?
Starts a new instance of the Windows 2000 command interpreter

CMD [/A | /U] [/Q] [/D] [/E:ON | /E:OFF] [/F:ON | /F:OFF] [/V:ON | /V:OFF]
[[/S] [/C | /K] string]

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread about whether IPv6 will ever take off.

Cheers,

Mathew