RE: [OT] Re: Readiness for IPV6

  • From: Vivien M.
  • Date: Tue Jul 09 20:34:02 2002

Pardon me:
[brand new command prompt from the WinXP command prompt button]
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Vivien>command
Microsoft(R) Windows DOS
(C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1990-2001.

C:\DOCUME~1\VIVIEN>
C:\DOCUME~1\VIVIEN>

It looks to me like you have cmd.exe, which is a 32-bit Windoze-native
etc shell, and then you have command.com which is used to run legacy DOS
stuff. Command.com feels a _lot_ slower to me, too.

Vivien
--
Vivien M.
[email protected]