Re: AS number inconsistencies

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Mon Jul 08 15:01:15 2002

      On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, John Todd wrote:
    > - Do these PASes announce "new" routes, or do they announce routes
    > that already exist in the global tables via some other legitimate AS?

In addition to John's excellent suggestions, I'd consider the possibility
that you're seeing configuration typos or transpositions.  For instance,
are you seeing a prefix being prematurely advertised by AS31000 which is
also being correctly advertised by AS13000?

Are these announcements, on average, shorter-lived than usual?

Do they advertise the same prefixes before and after the RIR has actually
allocated them?

                                -Bill