Re: wcom overbilling

  • From: Robert Boyle
  • Date: Fri Jul 05 21:26:13 2002

At 08:47 PM 7/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:
I have not been at one company, not one, service provider or otherwise that
has not had major WCOM billing issues.  No matter how large or small we
were.
In dealing with them in one form or another since 1994 when I started Tellurian Networks (Garden Networks at the time) and since setting up my first WAN in 1989, I've NEVER had a bill from WCom/UUNet/MCI which was right - EVER. They always claim they have fixed the problem, but they never do. They apply credits to invoices on different accounts, they apply then remove credits, they misapply and loose payments. They are completely incompetent. I believe it is half intentional to boost "revenue" and half pure incompetence. Incidentally, I have also found that many of our clients never look at their telecommunications bills. After alerting several of them to take a look at what they were paying, they have disputed and won major credits for years of overbilling by WCom. I NEVER do any business with any WCom company verbally. Everything must be written. Accept NOTHING from a WCom sales person at face value since they all lie and move around frequently to prevent their lies from catching up to them. If they claim a discount will be applied "later" or that another page proves the promo or term discount, it's a lie. Anyway... I say this coming years ago. I'm surprised that they were able to get away with it for as long as they did.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." - Francis Jeffrey