Re: Internet vulnerabilities

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Fri Jul 05 08:50:19 2002

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 05:22:29 -0700
 "Barry Raveendran Greene" <[email protected]> wrote:

> FYI - for those scratching their heads on "anycast" .....
>
> I just pushed out a paper on anycast by Chris Metz. Good foundation
> material.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/public/cons/isp/essentials/ip-anycast-cmetz-03.pdf

Thanks - and the AS112 project seems to use static BGP spoofing, where
different locations announce the address via different paths :

"As a way to distribute the load for RFC1918-related queries, we use IPv4
anycast addressing. The address block is 192.175.48.0/24 and its origin AS is
112. This address block is advertised from multiple points around the Internet,
and these distributed servers coordinate their responses and back end
statistical analyses."

Marshall