RE: Sprint peering policy (fwd)

  • From: David Schwartz
  • Date: Mon Jul 01 16:44:13 2002

On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:15:21 -0400, Ukyo Kuonji wrote:

>You wouldn't buy the notion of reciprical billing?  I think this would most
>likely be the fairest, but maybe the hardest to implement.  It would either
>have to be done at the end points, or at every interconnect.  In this
>method, if the traffic across an interconnect would truely be a 1 to 1
>ratio, then the bills would cancel each other out, where the 1 to 1.6 or so
>would lean in towards favoring the company taking more traffic onto it's
>network.

	Why favor the company that took more traffic? Why not favor the company that
provided more traffic? Your customers pay you both to delivery their packets
to others and to deliver packets to them, right? If I go to a web page,
presumably the web page owner wants to receive my request and show me his
content about as much as I want to see his content, no?

	DS