RE: Sprint peering policy

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Mon Jul 01 13:23:49 2002

Air Travel: Limited resources (gates), public safety issues, public
infrastructure used (ATC system).
Commercial Fishing: Limited resources, environmental issues
Conventional Telco: Pre-existing monopoly using what was essentially public
ifrastructure. Same goes for Cable TV.

How do IP networks fall into any of these categories? It's not like we are
going to overfish our BGP sessions or crash routers into things.

- Daniel Golding