Re: How do I log on while in flight?

  • From: Pawlukiewicz Jane
  • Date: Fri Jun 28 14:10:36 2002

Notice he said analog circuits. Digital is different. Cell service sucks
because everybody uses it, you can think of creating your own DOS on the
MSO through everyone everywhere picking up their cell phone and
attempting a call. MSOs were never designed to carry every possible call
made from every possible cell phone that could enter their range.

The laws about cell phone usage in airplanes are ancient.

Jane

"Mansey, Jon" wrote:

> Does anyone else find this too hard to believe? I cant be the only one who
> has inadvertantly forgotten to power off their cell phone while flying. This
> must happen all the time, but we don't hear about horrible DoS of cell
> networks.
>
> Or is this why cell service sucks so badly in some places? ;-)
>
> Jm
>
> > To add to it, it is not system specific.  Depending on the
> > size of the MSA (metropolitin service area) or RSA (rural
> > service area) footprint, there may be as many as 4 or 5
> > cellular network carriers effected in this cascading failure
> > by a SINGLE airborne mobile.
> >
> > So, now you know one of the more UNKNOWN reasons why it is
> > not legal to use a cell phone while airborne.  It is a great
> > way to DoS the network and the carriers, subscribers, and FCC
> > don't want that.
begin:vcard
n:Pawlukiewicz;Jane
tel;cell:703 517-2591