RE: How low can Worldcom stock go?

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Wed Jun 26 01:37:01 2002

They'll have to find a bank to loan them some money (~$5 Billion) before
they can stay around long enough to achieve those savings. They were having
a hard enough time when they said they had $7+ B in EBITDA. Now I doubt they
will see their $1B in Free Cash Flow that they were claiming they'd have if
they "deferred" the interest payment on their preferreds.

I don't see how deferring payments that are due is effective cash
management.

The upside, and the operational piece is that judging by all the
insolvencies upto now have done little to effect existing services that are
in place.

Deepak Jain
AiNET