Re: How important is IM? was RE: How important is the PSTN

  • From: Doug Barton
  • Date: Tue Jun 25 17:17:31 2002

Jason Lewis wrote:

> Instead of banning, you should be looking into a secure IM client.
> Several companies make secure clients that also link up to the major
> players via a gateway.

Would a secure (probably via SSL) chat client be considered a valuable
item in this sphere? (Note, blatant self interest involved in this
question, feel free to respond off list.)

While I'm posting anyway, I wanted to thank the various people here who
inspired the .sig below...  it's already getting laughs around here.

Finally, an aside to Jane.... never complain about a quiet list. See
what happens? :)

--
  Doug Barton, Yahoo! DNS Administration and Development

         You can have it done fast, done cheap, or done right.  Pick
two.