Re: How important is IM? was RE: How important is the PSTN

  • From: ren
  • Date: Tue Jun 25 15:39:33 2002

PGP Corporate Desktop can help with ICQ if you are a Windows user.
-ren, who prefers IRC

At 12:24 PM 6/25/2002 -0700, Dan Hollis wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Christopher J. Wolff wrote:
> So my question for the group is, do chat programs (IM, IRC, yahoo) serve a
> substantial network support purpose or are they more of a distraction,
> allowing staff to communicate with friends, relatives, drifters, interlopers
> on company time?

We find IRC and IM invaluable. Set up a private irc server behind the
firewall, and use crypto-hard ICQ like licq. (if you use windoze you are
probably out of luck though)

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]