Re: Bet on with my boss

  • From: Pawlukiewicz Jane
  • Date: Fri Jun 21 19:53:21 2002

steve uurtamo wrote:

> especially with the "you can ignore this if you want to", i'd
> have to say that the most interesting part of your question
> was that the bet is not neccesarily related to the question
> itself.
>
> my guess is that you guys bet on how many responses the question
> would generate.
>
> :)

No. That's not what the bet is about. Sorry.

The bet was if I could stop the various SPEWS threads.

But I am actually curious about this. Because, you see, genuity, as I
understand it, restored "phone" service to lower manhattan post 9/11
through voice over ip. And I was just wondering how they would fix a
shafu with the internet if the only phone service was Voice over IP. And
that got me thinking about this whole convergence, you know, when we all
migrate to a packet switched network and the telcos are all bankrupt.
And I wondered if anyone else needs/hates the phone the way I do.

That's all.

I think I stopped the spews thread.

Thanks for your support.

Jane