Re: Bet on with my boss

  • From: Andy Dills
  • Date: Fri Jun 21 16:05:28 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Pawlukiewicz Jane wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How important is the phone to you? I mean, given some situation that
> arises, can we solve it without the phones?
>
> Just curious.
>
> You can ignore me if you want. That's okay.

I probably should take your advice, but that's an interestingly ambiguous
question so I'll indulge on a slow Friday afternoon. Anything to derail
that spews thread.

"phone" is a tricky word. By phone do you mean an actual handset? Or do
you mean a handset with a pots line? Or does your definition include
voip? Or do you mean "phone" to encompass all audio communication devices?
Or do you mean "phones" to represent the entire PSTN?

What kind of situation are you referring to? A small bowel accident? Or a
fiber cut? Your kid got in a fight at school? Or are most of your frame
relay circuits bouncing?

Basically, anybody can answer whatever they want based on the lack of
detail in the question. I'd love to take both sides of the bet so I can
collect from both you and your boss...

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access