Re: SPEWS?

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Fri Jun 21 09:51:17 2002

But then there are the whacko's like SpamCop who just ignore every mail you
send them anyway.

i.e. My company set up the RIPE LIR for the UK company 'III' many years ago.
I was listed as a contact for a while, then when we stopped providing
services I removed my contact from the RIPE records. I am regularly getting
SpamCop alerts that I am a spammer - from an obviously out of date copy of
the RIPE database (which breaches RIPE copyright anyhow). But will they
respond to any e-mail ? Hell no.

What makes me laugh more is that SpamAssissin labels SpamCop alerts as spam
and they get dumped in my SPAM catch mailbox. Almost cute.

Peter