Re[2]: SPEWS?

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Thu Jun 20 21:28:58 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:34:55 -0400 (EDT) [email protected] wrote:

> When you're dealing with what some people refer to as "tier 1 providers"
> (I'll just say really big networks), this can be counter-productive.
> From
> what I've seen the following providers have been notoriously unresponsive
> to spam complaints (apologies if any of this is dated):
>
> UUnet (Worldcom)
> Sprint
> Just about every network in the Far-East
>  "" """ """ "" in Latin America
> ATT
> Verio

i have some knowledge of the situations at Sprint, Verio, and Qwest (who
you don't mention but others do mention.) there are functioning abuse
staffs at all three providers, and they are making serious efforts at
cleaning up messes that were permitted to exist for far too long. they need
a little time, but they are terminating spammers as they put the cases
together.

complaints to sprint, verio, and qwest will not be ignored, however, you do
need to be aware that the situations that are being dealt with are so bad,
that of necessity triage is being applied and it may take awhile before
they develop the reputations for responsiveness that an outfit like
rcn currently has.

give 'em a little time, guys. they're working on it. complaint to [email protected]
like you're supposed to, and give them a chance to deal with it.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         [email protected]