Re: SPEWS?

  • From: william
  • Date: Thu Jun 20 15:57:22 2002

Paul Vixie has been talking about mail peering for years. Unlike him I
personally  do not believe exact equivalent of BGP peering for mail
is a solution and will ever happen.

But there is intermediate altenative - create organization with all isps
as its members (kind of like ARIN/APNIC/RIPE for mail service providers)
and have all downstream corporate customers be required to either also be
member of this organization or relay email through its isp. Do note that
right now already many new isp customers relay mail as well as all
dialups, but actually making this work for number of large corporate
customers is a problem but if we really want this to happen, we can!