Re: SPEWS?

  • From: Chrisy Luke
  • Date: Thu Jun 20 15:36:34 2002

Steven J. Sobol wrote (on Jun 20):
> If the offending ISP does not respond, and you have exhausted all avenues
> available to you to get the ISP to get its customer to stop spamming -
> whether by TOS'ing the customer, education or whatever - then escalation
> may work if the collateral damage caused by escalation is enough to get
> the spammers' neighbors to complain to the ISP.

Can't find the terrorists you're looking for so start killing bystanders
until someone submits? Sounds militia to me.

The service providers are not the enemies. If you treat them like enemies
then enemies they will become.

Perhaps we should move mail transfer to a peering model. You wanna send
email to my SMTP server? Where's the peering contract? BGP-equivalent for
SMTP anyone?

-C
(tired of getting bounces for email I never sent!)