Re: SPEWS?

  • From: Shon Elliott
  • Date: Thu Jun 20 12:33:51 2002

Alex,

We also ran into a problem with the guys from news.admin.net-abuse.email.

I think that they are a bunch of cklueless people trying to do anti-spam
by personal vendettas. one of the guys actually told me that MAPS was a
dead issue ever since they 'allowed' a company to spam because they
received a sum of money for it. I doubt Paul would enjoy hearing about
this, but I also think he isn't suprised. SPEWS is not a good service,
yet you get all these system admins with a chip on their shoulder to
back it up and support it.

My two cents.

Shon Elliott
Systems/Network Administrator;