Re: Fw: SPEWS?

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Thu Jun 20 08:49:10 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Mike Lewinski wrote:

> > What ticks me off is there is noone to talk to about it, you are expected
> > to grovel on some usenet group and hope that they are reading and will
> > remove you after sufficient heckling.
>
> You could also try groveling on #spews @ dalnet.

I don't think groveling is even necessary.

If you've fixed the spam problem that got you listed, supposedly just
a post to NANAE saying "it's fixed" will take care of things.

Of course, I'm not SPEWS, and I've never been listed by SPEWS. My
understadning is that they only list netblocks from which spam has
emanated, and then only if they don't see the spammer go away, the relay
closed, etc. (whatever the problem initially was).

--
Steve Sobol, CTO  JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET
- I do my best work with one of my cockatiels sitting on each shoulder -