Re: SPEWS?

  • From: Hermann Wecke
  • Date: Wed Jun 19 23:34:21 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> So, to the point; what is the consensus on SPEWs? I've never really
> noticed them until this point.

I'm still trying to understand two points:
1) WHO is SPEWS (who is beyond that, who runs that stuff)???
2) WHO uses it??? (I mean: who really big - like Yahoo!, Hotmail etc is
using their list)

I know that several netblocks listed there are really spamheavens (like
Telefonica Brazil), but they are now listing /24 even if only IP in that
netblock is spamming...

They may even be serious, but listing /24 and bigger ranges without
showing the evidence for that listing is really crazy and insane...