Re: ATTBI refuses to do reverse DNS?

  • From: Stephen Griffin
  • Date: Wed Jun 19 16:49:37 2002

In the referenced message, Rowland, Alan  D said:

> <rant>
> Please define cheap.
> Oh yeah! I can opt for a 56K (frame relay) circuit for only $250 setup and
> $350/month plus another $125/month if my local loop is under 10 miles plus
> ~$500 for the hardware.
> That's $1225 the first month and $475/month after that. Yeah, Joe Consumer
> (me) is going to be willing to cough that up for 56K. Typical 768K DSL
> speeds pumps the cost to $500 setup and $850/month plus the $125 minimum for
> a local loop. We're into house payment territory now. :)
> </rant>

Cheap is subjective, so only you can define it. From your statements,
the above is not what you consider cheap.

Then I'm guessing you have to opt for:
Cheap, !Fast, Good
or
Cheap, Fast, !Good
or
budget for the service level you are looking for.
or
disconnect from this internet fad thingy, and go back to fidonet where
all the fun _really_ is :)

The way some folks talk about their DSL, I wouldn't be surprised if they
considered the mortgage to be an acceptable expense to cut to cover the
cost.