Re: ATTBI refuses to do reverse DNS?

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Wed Jun 19 16:42:08 2002

At 04:32 PM 6/19/02, Chris Woodfield wrote:

Time Warner agreed to do so as a condition of the AOL merger. Most other cable
companies are fighting this tooth and nail, and winning (see AT&T in Portland,
Oregon).
And in doing it, so far they seem to only be allowing the likes of Earthlink, not smaller providers. If anyone's got news to the contrary, I'd sure like to hear it.

-C

> Was there not once upon a time there was a proposal to require cable-cos
> to provide what would effectively be layer-2 service to any IP provider?
>
> I think that requirement still stands in Canada, but until newer
> standards-compliant cable modems become more common it's "hard" to do
> and so nobody's doing it yet (and there is some whining on both sides).
>
> --
> Greg A. Woods
>
> +1 416 218-0098; <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
> Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>; VE3TCP; Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>
Daniel Senie                                        [email protected]
Amaranth Networks Inc.                    http://www.amaranth.com