Re: ATTBI refuses to do reverse DNS?

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Tue Jun 18 18:08:30 2002

Thus spake "Stephen Griffin" <[email protected]>
> The lack of clue tends to be on the providing in-addr side of
> things.  I think it is a great thing to refuse connections from
> ips without in-addr, in the same way it is great to refuse mail
> from domains that don't provide postmaster addresses.

On first reading, I thought that was sarcasm.  Now I realize you're serious.

> It is a means through which one can influence the laziness of
> others.  Simply disregarding what others do, only legitimizes
> the laziness, and continues us along the road of everyone
> doing the absolute minimum.
> You neglect to include the option of the customer changing
> to an ISP that provides in-addr.

So, if you ran Amazon.com, you wouldn't accept money from customers of clueless
ISPs?

Sadly, even that level of coercion wouldn't be anywhere near enough to motivate
most ISPs.  And your (non-)customers will be caught in the crossfire.